Monday, May 20, 2013

Yummy for the Tummy: Mary Grace Cafe

I may have found a new favorite.  Mary Grace has been known for its cakes and bread, especially the cheese rolls.  But when I decided to try their other food offerings in their cafe, I wasn't disappointed.

Before I dive into the food, let me talk about the place.  I love it's homey ambiance.  The place is full of little trinkets and hand written notes by the customers themselves.  And it smells of freshly baked bread.  It does make you feel like eating at home.




Ok, I cheated a little.  I already ate here twice before posting my blog review.  Thus, the two appetizers I'm featuring here.  I love good bread and both of these come with it.  I can't say which I liked better as both were satisfying and really delicious.

Grilled Kesong Puti

Cheddar Cheese with Tomatoes and Capers

For the main course, I tried their bestseller pasta which is called Smoked Salmon and Cream.  It may be a bit pricey for pasta but you can't put a price on the quality.  The smoky flavor of the fish complemented well with the cream.  I finished my whole bowl by myself.  The second time we ate, we ordered the Classic Carbonara but sorry I was not able to take a picture of it.  Just like the first, it's delicious as well and has this distinct home made feel.

Smoked Salmon and Cream (again, that buttered bread, yummy!)
For the other main course, and which also I ordered the second time around, is from the breakfast menu, Pork Tocino.  It comes with egg, garlic rosemary fried rice, tomato wansoy salsa, green mangoes, and spicy vinegar.  Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.  I know it looks different from the typical tocino but it sure tastes superb and has become my instant favorite.

Pork Tocino
My friends know that I do not drink milk tea.  But I took a chance with their Wild Raspberry Fruit tea.  And oh my, it's just so refreshing! 

Wild Raspberry Homemade Iced Tea
Of course, no meal is complete without dessert.  I got a slice of their famous Black Velvet cake, very moist chocolate cake layered with cream cheese.  You can't get heaven anywhere else.


I think I have overused the word delicious in this post.  But it's just what I was blurting out the whole time we were eating.  Everything we got, was so satisfying and is worth every penny spent.  This is a good place to bring your family or friends.  I'm sure everybody will have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...