Monday, July 23, 2012

Gotta Love: Dress Up 34 -- Rainy Wedding

Over the weekend, I attended the wedding of my team mate Jeric to his long time girlfriend Karen (9 years of togetherness!).  Although it was raining hard the whole morning and some streets were flooded, I still managed to go to the event.  When the rain stopped, I immediately grabbed the opportunity to get out of the house.  Needless to say, I was one of the guests to arrive early :)

Their motif was all Filipino; from the invitation all written in Tagalog, to the  super delicious food served in Kapitan Moy (an old Spanish house in Marikina which I have to tell more about soon).  The male guests were encouraged to wear Barong Tagalog and the ladies modern Filipiniana.

When you say Filipiniana dress, the first thing that comes to my mind is Imelda Marcos.  Her sense of style is very iconic.  But where could I get a terno in a short amount of time without going to a seamstress?  I had to have other options.  Thankfully, I found this dress in Forever 21.  It was not exactly what I had in mind, but the prints of the dress reminded me of something tribal.  Since the Philippines is made up of different indigenous tribes, I think this still qualifies for the theme.

I'm a big fan of high heels but these flats are perfect for the dress.  I also like my matte nail polish (Nail Up, Trinoma).
For some accessories, I immediately thought of Kultura since this store caters to Filipiniana inspired necklaces, rings, bags, etc.  I bought one set but found out it did not match my dress.  What was left was the ring that I was wearing in the photo.
Bangle: Witchery
Ring: Kultura, SM Megamall


Since I have a lot more tools now, I decided to do my own make up for the event.  For the face I used Covergirl Tru Blend Liquid Foundation in 430 and Nichido Final powder.

Thankfully I have my Sleek Make Up palette to help me color my eyes.  I used the glittery colors in the palette since this will be an evening event.  I used Taupe as the base and Moss to build up a more smoky effect.  For my lips I used Nyx Matte Lipstick in Tea Rose.



It was my first time to put on false eyelashes.  Oh, what tedious task!  Hahaha!  But it was worth it because it really helped build up the look I was going for.  How did you like my overall look? :)


PS: Thank you Jeric and Karen for inviting me to be a part of your very special event.  I hope all the best in your marriage.  More love everyday and always :)

1 comment:

  1. It sure is very difficult to choose the right outfit to wear on a rainy day because there are just too many things to consider ranging from the type of material to wear to ways of staying dry without compromising on style. The good news is that it is easier to dress on a rainy day than what it seems like.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...