Friday, November 23, 2012

Destination: Singapore

Singapore has always been, and will always be, a special country for me.  It was my destination for my first ever out of the country/business trip back in 2008 but due to work schedule, I was not able to go around that much and since that day, I always wanted to go back.  After four years, I was finally able to do so. This time I went home with more memories, more laughter, and more love.

BF and I got the 6:25 AM flight since travel will be about three and a half hours and I wanted to make the most of our first day.  We met with our friend upon arriving and dropped off our things at her place.  After that, we met with another friend for lunch which I posted about here.  


5J 801
MRT ride
After lunch, we did some of the "touristy" stuff that makes this place popular. We rode the MRT to Promenade station (Circle Line, CC4), intending to go to the Singapore flyer.  However, it was raining when we went out of the station and we forgot to take our umbrellas with us.  Good thing there was a mall near the station and we decided to have some coffee to wake us up while waiting for the rain to stop (no planner stickers here. boohoo).





Singapore flyer was just a five minute walk from MRT.  It is like a giant Ferris wheel which will give you the best view of Singapore's skyline.  One ride, which will take about 30 minutes to complete costs 33 SGD.  Before actually riding the flyer, we passed by Journey of Dreams, a small interactive museum describing the history of the city and the iconic flyer.  After that, you can have your pictures taken and have it printed after the ride.




At last it was time to ride!  I was so excited at first, taking in how beautiful the city was viewing it from such a height.  However, when I realized how high we were, my knees wobbled a bit.  Hahaha!  





After buying some souvenir items, we decided to go to the Merlion Park.  Tourists should have their pictures taken here.  It's like a rite of passage :). It was already dark when we arrived but I think it was prettier at night since all the buildings were lit up. 


The iconic Marina Bay Sands


We decided to go home early to rest and prepare for the next day.  We had so much fun walking around looking for the nearest train station.  We ended up passing by this hotel where an actual string quartet was playing in the lobby!  We thought it was recorded.  Awesome experience to end day 1.  Stay tuned for my next post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...