Monday, November 12, 2012

Dress Up 43 -- Travel

Hey guys!  I've been on a blogging hiatus lately as I have been (and still is) swamped with work.  Anyway, I found some time now and I have so many stories to tell.

I celebrated my birthday over the weekend and I treated myself to a vacation in Singapore.  I have been planning this trip for months now, bought the tickets early this year during a seat sale.  Finally, the day came and I was very excited to take a break.  But more on that vacation on another post.  For this one, I would like to share with you some tips on what outfit to wear when travelling, may it be domestic or international travel.

I always consider these 5 things.

1. Check the weather of the place you would go to.  This is very important so that you wear the right things.  You wouldn't want to look sweaty all through out the day or be shivering due to the cold.  This is also applicable to the clothes that you will be packing and taking with you.

2. Wear something comfortable.  You might be sitting on a plane, bus, or boat for hours.  You would like to be able to move around and be relaxed.

3. Bring a jacket or blazer.  Airports and planes can be too cold sometimes. Plus, it adds a little bit of oomph and makes your outfit more interesting.

4. Love your feet.  This is the most important of all!  If you will be walking around most of the time, better stay clear of high heels.  There are a lot of affordable but cute ballet flats available that can match your outfit.

and last but not the least

5. Bag for your essentials.  Be sure to bring a bag big enough to hold your essentials (passport, camera, cellphone, kikay kit, etc).

With that said, here's what I wore on that first day, applying the tips that I mentioned above.

Polka dot blouse: Forever 21
Shorts: Kamiseta
Blazer: customized

Ballet flats: Solemate


As you can see from the photos above, I chose to wear a loose fitting blouse with light material and shorts since Singapore's weather is not that different from the Philippines.  I also wore ballet flats since I'll be walking around the city the whole day.  I especially love the bag because it's made of nylon and can be used in any weather.  It was raining during the afternoons and my bag kept my things dry.  But most importantly, it was big enough to hold all of my things!

Hope you find my tips helpful and find yourself travelling in style! If you have other tips to share, please do not hesitate to comment below. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...