Thursday, November 1, 2012

Nail Art: Tiffany

Tiffany and Co.  Audrey Hepburn.  Two institutions brought together in one product (Breakfast at Tiffany's anyone?).  China Glaze launched a color to pay homage to the lady as iconic as the box itself.  My jaw literally dropped when I saw For Audrey available online.  I just had to get my hands on one.  And I was squealing with delight when it arrived.  I stared at it for a long time, too long that it took me a month to use it.  Hahaha!

Anyway, what better design to do than something related to Tiffany's itself.  I decided to go with the white ribbon which goes together with the box.  It's not Tiffany's without that little white ribbon.  Here are some shots of the design that I created.




The bow is fairly easy to do so I wanted to share how I did it.  I used a small paint brush and dipped it in white nail polish.  Use the tip only for your drawing.  Start with two ovals opposite each other.  After that, draw two small diagonal lines to represent the tail of the bow.  Last step is to draw a vertical line from the bottom to the tip of the nail.  And viola, your own Tiffany at your fingertips, or rather, your nails.  

I really love this cute and simple design because I think it represents the box well.  Though the BF says it does not look like a ribbon at all (boys!).  And being the romantic that I am, hope I get to have my own box, while eating danish and coffee infront of the New York store.  A box with some bling of course.  Hahaha!

PS: I just recently learned that during the holidays, they use a red satin ribbon instead of white.  Maybe I'll do that design for Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...