Thursday, May 3, 2012

Destination: The Peak

Hey everyone!  This is still the continuation of our amazing Hong Kong trip.  Half of the day was spent roaming around the city, the next half at The Peak.  I was actually starting to feel so tired with all the walking that we did but going to the Peak made me feel rejuvenated.

The Peak used to be a signaling post for incoming cargo but then it became a retreat for the more privileged residents of Hong Kong.  There used to be a Peak Hotel but it was burned down by a fire in 1938.  (Source: http://www.thepeak.com.hk/en/home.asp) The Tram provided transportation then as it still does now.  For me, riding the Tram is the best way to start The Peak experience.


So many people!
After a quick meal at NYF, we were off to see some stars at Madame Tussauds' wax museum.  It surpassed my expectations!  The wax figures were just spread out across the room.  You can touch the figures, take a picture with them, even "flirt" with them.  Hahaha!  It was such an energy booster.

A wax figure of Madame
Here are some of the pictures that I took.

Oh yeah! Brad Pitt is HOT!
Mamma Mia! Here we go again!
I prefer to call him Cedric Diggory
With my Mum, Granny, and Grandpa.  Yeah, I belong here.


Tina scolding Obama.
Kane, ano tinitingnan mo diyan?


This is such a dream!
I can see Yao Ming's armpits. Haha!

Read my poker face
Rock and Roll!
After our museum tour, we went up to the Sky Terrace to experience this amazing view.  Real breathtaking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...