Thursday, April 26, 2012

Destination: Avenue of Stars and Nan Lian Garden

I don't know why the draft of this post got deleted!  Now I have to write everything all over again.  Oh well.

Can't believe it took me this long to finish writing about our Hong Kong trip last month.  I already shared with you what we did in Disneyland and Macau; shared as well some of the places where we ate.  Our third day was spent roaming around the city.

First stop, Avenue of Stars located along Victoria Harbour in Tsim Sha Tsui.  Patterned after the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame, here you can see the different hand prints and signatures of the famous people of Hong Kong and China who made a big difference in their film industry.

See how clean the water is?  The old man was even trying to fish.
Outfit post? :P
I'm gonna ride one of your kind someday.
These were the only people I knew :P

I know we have something similar here in Eastwood but it is not as highly  regarded as this one (surrounded by bars full of drunks and smokers).  I'm not even sure if people know what they are stepping on.  I just hoped that whoever started that project, carefully thought of where to place it so that it is not overlooked as what it is now.

We went to Nan Lian Garden in Diamond Hill, Kowloon after.  It's so amazing how they came up with a garden in the middle of the city.  It is so beautiful inside; with the well manicured plants and trees.  It even has a lake in the middle.  You will feel calm and at peace, walking along the paths.  Everything is so well thought off.

Aside from the lake, it also has a small museum, souvenir shop, and a cafe.


Guess where the cafe is
For display only.  Not allowed to enter. Boo.

Look closely.  What can you see?  
This is how we spent the first half of the day.  After lunch, we went to a place where I met the coolest people on earth.  Watch out for my next post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...