Monday, February 6, 2012

Spoiler Alert: The Hunger Games

I have been a bookworm for as long as I can remember.  I can curl up on my bed the whole afternoon and finish a novel in one sitting.  Well that was before I got introduced to the internet (it's such a distraction :P).  So long story short, my pace got slower and the number of books read shorter.  

It has been so long since I got excited to read a book ever since Harry Potter.  So when my cousin lent me her Hunger Games series, I said, what the heck I should try it out.


This is a trilogy written by Suzanne Collins.  The story goes around Katniss Everdeen, who lives in the country of Panem which is ruled over by the Capitol.  The Hunger Games itself is an annual affair being conducted by the Capitol to remind the people to not rebel against the government.  One girl and one boy will be selected via lottery from each of the 12 districts.  All 24 participants will then be placed in the Arena to fight each other which is televised all around the country until just one victor comes out (like Big Brother, only that one can go out when one is dead).  This is just for the first book.  The second and third books I leave it up for you to read since I don't want to spoil you too much :P 

Anyway, the first time I read it, I honestly didn't like it that much.  I thought that it was more for teens rather than adults.  The second time I read it though, it got me more interested and started to see the depth of the story.  So now, I read all of the books at least twice!

What's even more exciting is that the first book will be turned into a movie which will be shown this March.  I know, book lovers are so against turning good novels into movies because the story loses its integrity.  However, what got me waiting for this movie is how they will make each of the scene come to life.  The arena, the parade, the costumes, the characters, and the battles.  I've never been more excited since Harry Potter series!

Here is the theatrical trailer.

First few scenes of the trailer, and yes, I felt that they got the essence of the book.  I just hope that it wouldn't disappoint.

See you all on March 23!  May the odds be ever in your favor.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...