Thursday, February 2, 2012

Yummy for the Tummy: Bellini's

I called this our "One More Chance" date since this was one of the sites for the famous movie.  I can't wait to try it out since I've heard many good things about this restaurant.

Bellini's is an Italian restaurant located in quaint Marikina Shoe Expo in Cubao.  It is owned by a real Italian, Robert Bellini, a former paparazzo.  He met his wife here in the country and after several years, created this restaurant.

Upon entering, you will be greeted by the different paintings all around the walls.  The ambiance is serene and quiet; really great for going out on a date.   Unfortunately, I was not able to take pictures of all of the places inside.


Some familiar faces drawn on the roof
Each table comes with a bell that you ring whenever you are ready to order or need to talk to the waiters.  I've heard that the waiters here can speak fluent Italian :)

We were served breadsticks while waiting for our orders.  I can say, these are the best I have ever tasted.


Here's what we ordered.

Focaccia Bread dipped in Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
Penne in Tomato Sauce
Spinach Ravioli
Italian Pizza
The food here tastes different than the ones we are used to.  I'm guessing this is how it is in Italy.  My friend mentioned that their desserts are to die for.  So sad that I had no room for dessert that time.  I should definitely go back.  Calling TDS, lunch date sometime? 


PS: I didn't resist the urge to have my picture taken with the Leaning Tower of Pisa :)



PPS:  We ran into Rita Avila, a famous actress in the country, while we were having our lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...