Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Yummy for the Tummy: Left-Over Lechon

Lechon. A popular dish in the Philippines.  Roasted pig over charcoal.  Present in almost any occasion especially during the holidays.  Pinoys feast over it's crunchy skin and tasty meat.  Best served with rice.

For most Pinoys, left over lechon will turn into Lechon Paksiw, a dish made of the meat with the addition of liver sauce.  Here I am presenting to you a different way to enjoy it.

Welcome, the Sinigang na Lechon.  I loved it ever since the first time I tried it.  Just cook the lechon the way you would cook any other sinigang dish.  Just make sure to put lots of sampaloc.  I like it sour that way :)

The distinct flavor of the lechon gives this sinigang a kick!

By the way, if you ever find yourself craving for one (like me right now),  go check out Dante's Lechon de Kahoy.  It's the best I've ever tasted! No kidding!!!  I was not really a fan of lechon before but this one got me hooked.

Dante and his lechon
At first, they only sell in Batangas but they have expanded deliveries to anywhere in southern Luzon.  Be sure to order lots of their sarsa espesyal because it is really yummy!

Check out their Facebook page.  You won't regret it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...