Monday, March 5, 2012

Wedding Make Up

Usually, when I attend formal occasions, I always have a dilemma whether to go to a salon or to do my make up on my own.  For the wedding that I recently attended, I decided to do it on my own and just use the money to buy additional stuff.  


Youtube has a lot of make up tutorials that can help you do your own make up.  For my look, I followed Michelle Phan's Seductive Smokey Eyes Tutorial video.




I did some modifications based from the video.  I did not use gel eyeliner because I want to keep a fresh look.  I decided to buy false eyelashes but it was a big failure!  Haha!  I was not able to practice on how to put them on properly that I ended up not using it entirely.  Boohoo!  I just doubled up on mascara to make the most of my lashes.

For the face:
Cover Girl TruBlend Liquid Foundation in Classic Beige (430)
Nichido Final Powder in Creamy Glow
ELF Complexion Brush
For the eyes:
ELF Eyelid Primer in Sheer
ELF Under Eye Concealer and Highlighter in Light
Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad in Plum Seduction
Maybelline Hyper Curl Volum' Express Mascara in Black
Maybelline Hyper Curl Volum' Express Mascara Cat Eyes in Black
ELF Eyebrow Kit in Dark (not in picture)
ELF Eye Shadow Brush and ELF Blending Brush
Fanny Serrano Eyelash Curler
For the lips and cheek
Lip Smacker in Fanta Grape
NYX Round Lipstick in Chambord.  Since the eyes are dramatic already, I opted to go for a lighter color for the lips.
Dream Girl by 4U2 Shining Thru Cheek Color in #1
*Click the links for color swatch
I did a practice run and this is what I came up with.


For pictures on how I looked like on the actual day itself, click this link.  I was satisfied with my make up but not with my hair :(  It has been my downfall ever since.  Is there a tutorial you can recommend for DIY hairstyles for formal occasions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...