Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Gotta love: Maybelline Gel Eyeliner

This will be a 3-part post on the eye make up that I use :)

Everybody seems to be afraid to use eyeliners since they might poke their eyes.  But for me, I love it.  It's a great way to highlight my eyes and give it definition.

I used to have the pencil type eyeliners and apply it on my lower lash line.  Although lately, I got interested on applying it on my upper lash line ala Taylor Swift.

It gives a bit of romantic effect unlike when placed on the lower lash line which gives a stronger look.

The pencil type does not do the trick for me.  I can't apply it evenly and close enough to my lash line.  I also tried the liquid type but it's just too messy.  I have to look for an alternative which landed me on the gel type.


Gel type eyeliners are better used for the upper lash line since it's smoother and more controllable than the other two types.  

The one that I got is Maybelline's Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in black.  It already comes with a brush.



To apply, wet the brush a little since it tends to get stiff when some of the product is left on it.  Pat dry with a paper towel.  Give it a few strokes of the product.  Gently stretch your eyelid with one finger then draw a straight line (just like you're drawing on paper :P) from your inner lid to the outer lid or vice versa which ever is more comfortable for you.  Try to be as close to the lash line as possible.  Apply a second coating as needed but be careful to follow the first line you drew so as not to make it too thick.

This is how it looks on me with no other eye makeup.

Photo Credits: Richard Neil Ilagan

I have yet to practice the wing tip since it makes your eyes pop even more.  According to the tutorials I watched over Youtube, it's even easier to make when using an angled brush.  See tutorial below.



Remember, practice makes perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...