Saturday, December 31, 2011

Yummy for the Tummy: Papa John's Pizza

On Christmas day, we went to SM Megamall to buy gifts for our cousins for our annual family get together.  For lunch, we tried Papa John's Pizza located at 3rd Floor, Building A.  Entering the restaurant, you can immediately feel the Italian ambiance with its red and green walls and comfy couches.  (Apologies for the picture quality.  I just used iPad camera to take these.  Post processed in Picasa)




 Papa John's slogan

First thing that I noticed when we settled into our booth is their new beverage offering called Cool Stirrers (if I remember it correctly).  It has two flavors; Tangerine Dream and Apple Orange Rush.


It's pineapple/lemon juice with a mix of tangerine and apple flavors.

How it looks when mixed

Sister enjoying her Tangerine Dream

For appetizer, we had Battered Onion Rings and Potato Wedges.  For both orders, you'll have a choice of what dip you would like to have.  We had barbecue and pizza sauce.  Dad also ordered Papa's Chef Salad.


I really liked the onion rings since it does not have an after taste.  The potato wedges are also delicious.

Papa John's also offer a variety of pastas.  We ordered Spaghetti Carbonara and Penne Diablo Burst


The pasta is cooked al dente.  I liked the creaminess of the carbonara over the penne that we got.  The penne would have been better if it was more spicy.

Now for the star of the meal: the Pizza.  When asked if I could eat one thing for the rest of my life, pizza would be my first choice so I was really excited to try it out.  We got Super Papa.  What interested me is that their pizzas are served with butter and pepper.  I think the pepper is meant to add hotness to your pizza since I noticed that they do not have hot sauce bottles at their tables.  The butter is for dipping the crust.  This is a very nice idea since most people do not eat the crust.  If dipped in butter, it will give an added flavor and you will be able to savor every last bite.


What separated Papa John's pizza from the others that I have tried is their dough.  It has the right thickness for you to enjoy the toppings.  It tastes almost homemade which I really appreciate.

Total bill: around 1400 pesos.  Not bad for a meal for four.  My overall experience was great and I would definitely go back to try their other meals.

Visit their website to see more information on their menu and location.  Happy eating!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...